Friday 4 May 2012

Inspiration Series: Chocolate Brown, Gold and Green Theme

So, continuing on from the previous Argentine Embrace post, this post is about the inspiration behind my new Rustic Glamour collection. I've been looking on pinterest and wedding blogs for a while for new wedding cake pop ideas and to see what the most popular colours are for brides. I kept seeing mood boards around a woodsy, country theme with lots of chocolate brown and forest green. Like this one from  blog.finestationery.com

I love the rich colours and earthy textures and of course anything chocolate is going to be loved by me! At first I was thinking of designing rustic cake pops with a plain matt chocolate finish topped with chopped nuts, probably lovely green pistachios .... something like this ...

But as much as I thought they'd be yummy and fit the theme I just didn't think they really went well with the other wedding collections which are much more sophisticated and glamorous. After seeing some stunning gold themed inspiration boards I decided to add gold to the brown and green tones and cobbled together a mood board of my own from everything I'd seen and loved. ( If you're looking to make a board of your own or want to be inspired by colour take a look at The Perfect Palette - their boards are simply beautiful and its really easy to use.)


Row 1: a, The Perfect Palette b,  blog.finestationery.com c, The Perfect Palette d, Things Festive  
Row 2: a, Things Festive b, The Perfect Palette c, The Knot d, The Perfect Palette
Row 3: a, The Perfect Palette b, The Perfect Palette
Row 4: a, blog.finestationery.com b,The Invite Site c, The Perfect Palette 
Row 5: a, b, and c  Things Festive

And what did all these beautiful inspiring pictures lead to? 
 The Rustic Glamour  Cake Pop Collection
So? What do you think? I'm pleased with them - I feel like I achieved a good combination of the earthy rustic colours of chocolate brown and forest green with a more glitzy feel that I think U.K. brides will prefer.  



DelliPops Cakery Cake Pop Mood Board



Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment